With just hours until the bulk of festivities kick off, I want to know – what will you drink this Christmas? New Year?
At casa Graham the festive drinking goes for the best part of a week, so it’s important to pace yourself. No need to get stuck into cocktails, or drink 8 IIPAs on any given afternoon.
In the fridge this year will, of course, be some of the Primo Joseph Sparkling Red as I managed to snaffle a few bottles of the current disgorgement (shout out to Lewis from Primo who helped when my bottles went awry #funtimesatauspost) thanks to a heads up from Harry. There will also be the obligatory magnum of Bollinger (because I get paid in Bollinger).
What about you? What fizz will you open?
Beyond the bubbles it’s a long list of things I have been meaning to open/always like drinking. The tastes tend to go pretty classic this time pf year, so this is what has come out of the WineArk vault.
- 2012 Roger Coulon (the hit of Xmas 2021)
- 2019 Kientzler Osterberg Riesling
- 2017 Kumeu River Mates Chardonnay
- 2018 Montbourgeau Jura L’Etoile Chardonnay
- 2005 Woodlands Colin Cabernet
- 2010 Giacomo Conterno Francia
- 2016 Bibi Graetz Testamatta
- 2015 Huet Vouvray Clos du Bourg Moelleux
- 2017 Raymond Lafon Sauternes
- Morris Old Premium Muscat
That’s a good start for Xmas eve/day. I might be missing a few aromatic whites (and beer)?
What about you?
HELP KEEP THIS SITE FREE
Rather than using a paywall or bombarding you with ads I simply ask for a small contribution via the Paypal link below. Any amount welcome, it all helps keep this site free.